My Dad has this really old metal lock box that he keeps in the bottom drawer of his desk. I think the company that made that box no longer exists and hasn’t been in business for a long time. He never said anything about the box. I only knew that it existed because one day during my childhood, I peeked in the drawer when he was at work.
I chickened out and left the box alone. For years I thought about taking the box out and looking inside. My mind raced with the possibilities. Perhaps it was filled with rare coins or comic books from my father’s youth. Maybe the box housed love letters he had written when he was overseas during Vietnam. I couldn’t bring myself to look.
Finally, one day, at the age of 20, I decided to look. It was like a scene from a spy movie, I put on gloves and memorized the exact orientation of the box within the drawer. Inside, I found an old manila envelope with a single sheet of paper that read, “Made You Look.”
Dad humor is…well, it’s something special. Dad jokes have recently come to be recognized as belonging to their own style of humor. Dad jokes are generally inoffensive jokes that are borderline unfunny and often make use of puns. In honor of Father’s Day, we’ve assembled some of our favorite Dad jokes for your entertainment.
1) A ham sandwich walks into a bar and orders a beer. The bartender says, ‘Sorry, we don’t serve food here.’
2) I used to work at a calendar factory, but I got fired because I took a couple of days off.
3) RIP boiled water. You will be mist.
4) Did you hear about the cheese factory that exploded in France? There was nothing left but de Brie.
5) What do you call an elephant that doesn’t matter? An irrelephant.
6) Why are seagulls called seagulls? Because if they flew over the bay, they’d be bagels.
7) What did the grape do when he got stepped on? He let out a little wine.
8) *Said while driving a car in reverse* “Ahh, this takes me back.”
9) What did the fisherman say to the magician? Pick a cod, any cod.
10) I used to be addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around.
Have your own favorite Dad joke? Leave us a comment or message us via social media @trumedicmassage. We would love to hear from you.
And if you’re still looking for the perfect gift for Father’s Day, check out the truMedic Father’s Day 2017 Site-Wide Sale: https://www.trumedic.com/pages/fathersday
Marc | Copywriter